Hot fuel reduces engine performance, stresses the fuel pump, and can lead to vapor lock. Using race fuel? Race fuel manufacturers recommend using reflective materials to help keep specialty fuels temperature stable. DEI has come up with an effective kit to help combat this problem. Simply line the underside of your fuel tank with the self-adhesive Reflect-A-Cool or Reflect-A-GOLD material and trim to shape. The DEI Reflect-A-Cool material is made up of a aluminized reflective foil backed with a base layer of glass fiber. Its rated to withstand continuous temperatures up to 400°F degrees and can reduce fuel temps by up to 30%. Installation is easy, the material can be cut with scissors and lays down well to cover irregular shapes. This kit can be used with all tanks including metal, plastic and fiberglass. For those running in extreme conditions or running air cooled engines, we recommend our up-spec Reflect-A-GOLD material. The heat rating doubles while the thickness and weight of the material remains the same.
Each kit includes:
- 1 - 24" x 24" sheet of reflective material
- 1 - 1.5" x 15' roll of reflective tape
- Reflects Radiant Heat
- Reduce Fuel Temperature
- Lower Stress on Fuel Pump
- Reflect-A-Cool withstands temperatures up to 400°F
- Reflect-A-GOLD withstands temperatures up to 850°F
- Includes reflective tape to help cover seems and irregular shapes
Heat Screen™ - 12" x 24"