Black Titanium Exhaust Wrap, with LR Technology, is made from pulverized lava rock, stranded into a fiber material then woven into a proprietary weave. Black Titanium wrap is engineered to be stronger than most wraps and more durable for improved thermal performance and reliability. Designed to be pliable and resistant to chemical oil spills and vibration breakdown; it secures tightly without pre-wetting and is able to withstand direct heat up to 1800°F and intermittent heat up to 2500°F.
Like the original Titanium Wrap, DEI’s Black Titanium Wrap maximizes horsepower and performance by reducing underhood temperatures and maintaining high exhaust gas velocity. Wrapped headers and exhaust also reduces the incidence of heat soak, can prevent harmful burns, protect heat sensitive underhood components, and reduce the level of heat transmitted through the firewall and floor of the vehicle for a more comfortable interior.
- Black carbon fiber look
- Extremely pliable for a tight & secure wrap
- Withstands 1800?F direct / 2500?F intermittent heat
- Pre-wetting roll not necessary for wrapping
- Reduce underhood temps
- Catalytic Convertors: Wrapping of the catalytic converter is not recommended, as overheating can lead to reduced lifetime of the converter. Instead, try our Corvette Catalytic Converter Shield or create your own shield using our Floor & Tunnel Shield II™.
- Removal: Exhaust wrap is not designed to be moved or removed after it has been heat cycled. After the fibers have been heated, they lose their initial flexibility. This does not reduce the thermal properties of the exhaust wrap. Be aware of this before you decide to remove the wrap. For this reason, you should avoid wrapping any flex-pipes or flex-joints.
- Titanium Exhaust Pipe Systems: DEI does NOT recommend wrapping exhausts made of titanium. The alloys used in the production of titanium exhaust systems tend to be thin and are designed to dissipate heat quickly. Wrapping any titanium exhaust pipe, regardless of brand, can hold in too much heat, and make the titanium alloy turn brittle and prone to premature cracking. If you are seeking to reduce the heat on a titanium exhaust system, DEI recommends using alternatives such as our flexible heat shields.
- Color Fade: While the performance and properties of Black Titanium wrap does not deteriorate, the black color will fade over time and with use. It will fade faster in higher heat applications such as during racing and on turbo manifolds. If it does fade, it will fade to the color of the Original Titanium wrap. It can be coated with HT Silicone Coating Spray to give it a longer lasting black finish.
- Direct Heat Resistance:
- Radiant Heat Resistance:
Titanium™ Exhaust Wrap - 2" x 50'
Black Titanium™ Exhaust Wrap - 2" x 25'
Black Titanium™ Exhaust Wrap Kit
Black Titanium™ Exhaust Wrap - 2" x 100'
Black EXO™ Series Exhaust Wrap - 1.5" x 30'
Titanium™ Exhaust Wrap - 2" x 15'
Black EXO™ Series Exhaust Wrap - 1.5" x 10'
Black Titanium™ Exhaust Wrap - 2" x 15'
Black EXO™ Series Exhaust Wrap - 1.5" x 20'
I ama retired machinist just rebuilt my sbc350/383, wrapping headers to protect plug wires. Never use wrap before, it frays very badly when cut but wraps well and looks good. I live 8 miles from town and first time user didn't get that I needed special clamps to hold in place. Then special tool to lock clamp , oh ya and the spray sealant for long life of product. A footnote on outside of package could have saved ME 3gal. gas and an hour or so of hassle.